POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Poser 5 : Re: Poser 5 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:26:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser 5
From: gonzo
Date: 12 Jan 2004 20:00:03
Message: <web.400342c6c24da78ea0c272b50@news.povray.org>
Dan P wrote:
>Well, I'm not gonna be stuck with paying for clothes. I'm going to look into
>a clean way to get the Judy and Don figure into HamaPatch (or just SPatch).
>Might have to code it. If anyone has a solution already, I'm all ears (and
>nose, hips, etc.)

Don't know about Don or Judy, but I export my Poser figures as .obj, import
into Wing3d, export from Wings3d as .mdl, then import the .mdl into
HamaPatch.

Roundabout and slow, but works. If the clothing isn't too complex you can
just model it in Wings, but I find HamaPatch a little easier for most
things.  Wings is nice, but I'm just more used to working with splines than
subdivision modelling.

*tip: HamaPatch slows to a crawl with a full poser figure, so delete all
geometry you don't specifically need!  Also, HamaPatch's POV export is
usually smoother than converting with Poseray, but you have to remember to
reverse the handedness when you import into POV.

Good luck!

RG